In the modern world of technological advancement, the cloud is a wonderful gift for businesses in various verticals. It has changed the lifestyle of people and the workflow of businesses. Today no business can even imagine its existence without a computer because with technological advancements we can complete many tasks in a very short span and from any corner of the globe.
In these pandemic times, if a business still depends on traditional work processes then it might be holding its growth back. Adaption of the latest and modern technologies in need of an hour for business to be relevant in the market race.
To cater to such needs of businesses, Shivaami, a market-leading IT company is offering a comprehensive plethora of differentiated Google cloud-based solutions. Under the futuristic vision of Mr. Punit Thakkar, CEO & MD, team Shivaami is making hard and smart efforts to transmogrify the businesses across the globe.
In a conversation with Mr. Punit Thakkar, he shared his views on the current industry scenario and what Shivaami is all about.
1. Tell us about Shivaami.
The purpose of Shivaami is to bring positive change in the lives of the people we connect with by providing solutions and services which bring Profit and Happiness.
Shivaami assists you to modernize IT infra by deploying cloud solutions that will enhance your digital transformation journey to meet business goals and drive growth. Recognized by industry experts and adopted by several companies across diverse domains, Shivaami is a leader in Cloud.
We are the2019 Diversity and Inclusion Partner of the Year award winner for Google Cloud. Shivaami caters to 10,000+ clients across India with 5 offices and a team of 150+ certified professionals.
2. How were the first few years of your Shivaami?
During the first few years, Shivaami was started as a website developing company. At the start, there were only four employees, to begin with, and bringing in projects. shivaami initially helped the customer to get their presence online, and helped them generate leads for their business.
3. Which was that point that triggered the growth of the company?
In year 2011 shivaami shifted its focus to the cloud industry, we had partnered with Google to provide a Google workspace solution (then Google Apps for work). We started to help companies move their infrastructure to the cloud which helped them save time and money and increased security for their organization. This focus of ours helped us win the 2013 Google Top Sales contributor award, we were the only company from India to win that award.
If you are not there, someone else will be.
4. How have the Shivaami graphs changed since the foundation? Can you share a few statistics?
Shivaami started its journey with a four-employee company and we are a company of 200+ employees. We started with one customer and now we have a customer base of more than 10,000+ active clients
5. What is the reason behind your company’s long-standing success?
We had a vision of being the No. 1 cloud solution provider Premier partner of Google Cloud in India and our focus works for us to retain that position.
6. What influenced you to start Shivaami?
A couple of things that influence me
- Firstly – I have a vision in my life and that is to help one lakh people, so Shivaami started from there.
- Second – to create jobs for women and encourage women to build their careers on the cloud.
7. What are the solutions Shivaami focuses on? How are your offerings different from those in the market?
Shivaami Cloud Services focuses on providing reliable email & cloud solutions to our clients. Our goal is to help SMEs and large enterprises transition to better cloud solutions best suited for their business needs.
With over 16+ years of experience, we have assisted over 10,000+ customers to move from their old legacy system to cloud services. Our years of experience and values are what sets us apart from the competition in the market. At Shivaami, our clients’ needs are always on priority so that we can help them with their digital transformation journey.
8. How do you decide to take the firm a step further in terms of your solution offerings?
Our next step is to prioritize and design new solutions that can help Small Medium-sized businesses (SMBs) run their business operations smoothly & have visible effects on the growth of their company.
We are also looking to help businesses of all shapes and sizes that they can get the most out of Cloud Technology such as the latest emailing & cloud-based services.
9. How do you think the businesses are evolving with Google technology?
Google Technology has enabled many small businesses to work more efficiently in different ways.
With the cloud-based solution provided by Google, companies can now collaborate and work from anywhere, with the help of Google ads you can showcase your products and services to a wide range of audiences.
Not just the businesses, G suite for education came to the rescue during the pandemic which helped many educators and students to keep learning from the comfort of their home. We are excited to see the next big change offered by Google technology.
10. Can you please brief us about your professional experience?
I am a commerce graduate from Mumbai University. Worked for 3 years in a company and then started my business in 1997. Since then to date, I have managed many clients and delivered projects. Today I carry 23 years of experience on the Internet/Cloud Industry and that is an achievement in itself. Shivaami was one of the early companies to embrace Cloud Technology in India.
11. What are the key achievements of your entrepreneurial journey?
The most important achievement is Satisfaction to employ 200+ team members and making sure that they are happy.
We have been awarded in many of the segments, some of the many I am listing below
- Google has recognized us as Google Cloud Diversity and Inclusion partner of the year 2020
- SME Channels – COVID19 SuperHero Partner Awards 2020
- The CNBC TV18 and Team Marksmen ‘Most Trusted Brands of India 2021′
- The Economic Times Promising Brands 2019-20
- CIO Choice 2019 – Cloud E-mail Implementation Services (SME)
- Best Cloud Solution Partner for Western India WIITF-2019
12. How do you look after your employees? What makes your team unique?
Well-being and improved health of our employees is the utmost priority for us. We are ramping up to close this gap by providing onsite childcare & healthcare facilities.
We have also enforced Nearby policy while hiring, this ensures that there is a right balance maintained between personal & work life without compromising the productivity of the company.
13. Is there any special experience with your clients you would like to highlight?
I would like to share a case study of CedCommerce and its journey from legacy systems to cloud solutions.
Customer looking for a more secure and stable email solution which will reduce the maintenance and cost.
Shivaami guided Cedcommerce through a comprehensive migration process. Shivaami’s project management team conducted the planning meetings, defined success criteria, selected the starting set of products and features, and managed issues as they arise.
- What they Achieved –
- With Google Workspace, spam is now kept to a minimum with the appropriate spam filters.
- Enabling device management policy allowed the internal IT team to control Gmail set up accounts.
- The IT team now has more time to focus on business continuity and other compliance. They believe any problems can be resolved efficiently.
- The challenges and frustration caused by their old system were updated by the ease-of-use and reliability of Google’s cloud-based communication and collaboration solutions.