While investing in the property one always worries about his plans as he invests a much earned with a lot of effort. Whatever the property it may be a residential project or a commercial one, only well management can take it to completion with quality and within time. In a talk with Mr. Dipen Mehta (Managing Director) of PCS Project Management, let’s discover his views about the construction and project management sector and what PCS Project Management offers.
Tell us about PCS Project Management
In 1995, when construction project management was just a modern, exceptional, and very distinctive concept in the building construction industry, PCS Project Management apprehended the need to implement it in Industry and formalize the services and laid the stone for Project Consultancy Services (PCS). PCS Project Management extended its wings and grew to PCS Project Management Pvt. limited in 2008. Since then PCSPMPL has set an example in the industry and now grown to a leading Construction Project Management firm in India, based in Ahmedabad, Gujarat with a branch office in Indore. We have provided our various services on more than 300 projects across the country including
• Educational Campuses,
• Institutional Buildings,
• Hospitals & Medical Campuses
• Theatres, Hotels, Malls,
• Townships, Housing and Land Development,
• Residential Bungalows and Apartments
• Commercial Complexes,
• Industrial Buildings and Campuses
• Interior Fit Out of Residences, Retail Spaces and Food Outlets
With a structured approach towards cost and time control, our involvement in the early stage of the project provides the greatest opportunity for the most effective approach to control cost and time along with the best quality of work. Our services provide a collaborative environment between all key parties involved in the project to achieve desired goals and results. PCS Project Management builds value and quality into every project regardless of the size, type, and location of the project. Our highly experienced and qualified team has all the expertise to convert client goals into successful results.
- What were the initial challenges you faced?
Initially, we started providing supportive services to architects like preparation of estimates, tender, project schedule, project cash flow, coordination, bill checking, and periodical supervision, etc. Upon realizing the need for such services formally, we decided to establish Project Consultancy Services. We initiated services like Project Management Services from Feasibility, Land Selection, Civil Construction, and so on.
- How have PCS Project Management graphs changed since the foundation?
The graph shows the growth of PCS Project Management since its foundation.
- What is the reason behind your company’s long-standing success?
Based on the solid foundation of traditional skills and experience, PCS Project Management is delivering innovative services for its clients. With a Structured approach towards the cost, time, and involvement in the early stages of a project, PCS Project Management provides the best quality work. PCS Project Management builds value and quality into every project The experienced and qualified team has all the expertise to translate client goals into successful results.
- What are the products/services PCS Project Management focuses on? How are your services different from those in the market?
We can offer the following services:
• Complete Construction Project Management
• Tender & Estimate Preparation
• Third-Party Bill Checking
• Quality Audit
• Feasibility of Construction Projects
• Project Co-ordination
• MEP Management & Co-ordination
Honesty, Dedication, and Customisation of services are the key points making our services different from others.
- How do you decide to take the company a step further in terms of your products/services?
We continuously analyze client requirements for different clients like corporate, individual, institutional, builders, developers, etc. and understand their project needs and modify our services accordingly.
- What are the different processes you follow for better results?
We periodically analyze our services with project goals and generate various formats to monitor project needs apart from our standard project monitoring systems to achieve project goals in terms of quality, cost, and timelines.
- With technology taking over, how are you coping with this changing landscape?
Continuous up-gradation of technical ‘knowhow’, various training to team, and participation in various knowledge events are the key sources for our technical up-gradation and to cope up with the changes.
- Has technology provided to be a catalyst in the company processes? How?
Technology has a great impact on how we work now and used to work earlier. The use of different software has drastically changed the way we used to work.
- What do you think are the responsibilities of an entrepreneur?
- To take responsibilities of failures and appreciate efforts of team on achieving success.
- To lead and guide organisation, identify needs and changes in the processes.
- To provide required tools and decide necessary changes in the policies and processes for continuous improvement of services to achieve customer and team satisfaction
- Can you please brief us about your professional experience?
Dipen Mehta’s professional experience
- Professional Practice
- Managing Director, PCS Project Management Pvt. Ltd., Ahmedabad (Formerly Project Consultancy Services, Est. 1995)
- Proprietor, Aqua Designs, Ahmedabad (Est. 2002)
- Current Engagements
- Chairman, FSAI Journal (2019-2020)
- Secretary, ASSOCHAM GEM, Gujarat Chapter, 2019
- Immediate Past President and Board Member, Fire Safety Association of India (FSAI), Gujarat Chapter
- Executive Committee Member, Indian Plumbing Association, Ahmedabad Chapter
- Professional Affiliation
- Member of Institute of Engineers (MIE), Chartered Engineer
- Corporate Member of Indian Green Building Council (IGBC), Gujarat Chapter
- Member of Indian Building Congress (IBC)
- Gold Medal, Best Performance in Structural Design, Saurashtra University, 1988.
- National Merit Scholarship, India, April ’83.
- Award for Second Best Chapter in India for IPA Gujarat Chapter
- Best Chapter Award for FSAI Gujarat Chapter, 2018
- Other Achievements
- IPAGC Coordinator, World Water Day 2018 Celebration by Government of Gujarat along with Gujarat Water Supply and Sewerage Board (GWSSB) and Water and Sanitation Management Organisation (WASMO) for Creating, Promoting and Implementation of Awarness on Dual Flush Water Systems
- What are the key achievements of your entrepreneurial journey?
Our first breakthrough project was providing PMC Services to Save the Children, UK for their CSR projects in Kutch for more than 150 buildings after a tremendous earthquake in Gujarat
We have successful records of a long association with many Corporate and Private Clients, Architects like Shoppers Stop, Megh Mayur Group, Hiren Patel Architect, Datta and Datta Associates, Shilanyas, CEPT University, Ahmedabad Management Association, Radisson Blu, Hypercity, Inductotherm, DB City Bhopal and many more.
- How do you look after your employees? What makes your team unique?
Understand their professional and personal needs; support them during personal and family issues. Keep one to one contact to avoid communication gap between team and management
Motivate them by appreciation, performance review, identify skill development needs and provide training
- Can you tell us what your favourite book is?
Krishnayan by Kajol Oza Vaidya is one of my favorite books from many I read.
- One person, who you admire the most?
Shri P. C. Vyas and Ar. Hasmukh Patel, I admire the most.
- Constant vigilance- a need or a strategy? Please share your views.
According to my, Development and improvement of Social and Work Culture help avoid/reducing the need for constant vigilance.
- It’s a rat-race out there. How do you cope with that?
Honesty and Services, we cope with the rat race out there and that helps us to be ahead in it.
There is No End, Until It Ends
For recent and latest updates regarding business news, industry trends, etc. Please subscribe Newsletter from “The Enterprise World” at “Subscribe“.