Microwave ovens are great time savers. They help you stay away from the hassles of reheating your food on the stove after a busy day. These appliances are magnetron-powered, and they spread the heat throughout the interior of the machine evenly to give you good consistency in the texture of your food. A microwave oven works by reflective and convective methods and they are used for different purposes accordingly. Make sure you understand your style of cooking and buy the microwave oven that best suits your purpose. Bake, grill, roast and defrost with confidence with brand new microwave ovens that render your life convenience.
That said, we highlight the advantages and possible downsides of owning a microwave oven.
Advantages of Microwave Ovens
- Easy and Quick Reheating: The reheating process becomes a breeze with a microwave oven. Modern microwave ovens are smart and sense the level of cooking so that they do not overcook the food while reheating. You can also remain assured that the flavours in your food will remain intact after the reheating process is done.
- Cleaning is Easy: Most microwaves use steam cleaning technology so that you do not have to spend hours trying to clean the gritty oil off the interiors. Therefore, you need not worry that the oil and dirt will cause any harm to the appliance.
- Defrost Easily: Do you have frozen meat or veggies in the fridge that need to be cooked as soon as possible? You cannot cook frozen food, but your microwave brings these items to room temperature in minutes.
- Cook with Confidence: Do not worry if you have never cooked before, or if you are just getting your feet wet. Everyone was a beginner once, and passion is enough to help you sail through the process. Additionally, microwave ovens aid you in your cooking efforts. Modern microwaves, like the Morphy Richards microwave oven, support hundreds of cooking styles and you just need to set the right mode to keep things moving. So, the next time you are making a barbecue, have confidence and take the responsibility on your shoulders.
- Energy Conservation: Modern microwaves are smart devices that use optimum power while heating or cooking your food. Firstly, it needs to do so to make sure the food does not burn. Secondly, its sensors let it know when it has reached the optimum temperature for a particular stage in cooking.
- Safety: These appliances come with safety features for kids, so you need not worry about anyone getting hurt due to the appliance.
Disadvantages of Microwave Ovens
Let us now look at the disadvantages of using a microwave oven:
- Skin Burn: Being continuously exposed to microwave radiation can cause a lot of healthcare issues like skin burns. Therefore, you should be careful about the exhaust features and make sure that your home is radiation-free.
- Damage to Eyes: Although microwaves come with a protective mesh, they might malfunction and expose you to harmful radio waves. You should always be careful about the manufacturing details of your appliance and use your warranty period to get any defect fixed.
- Food Poisoning: Although this rarely happens, you cannot rule out the possibility of food poisoning. If heat is distributed unevenly within the microwave, it might so happen that your food is unevenly cooked. Thus, there could be cold and hot spots all over your food, making it hard for your digestive system to process it. However, the good news is that there is a simple workaround to this problem. Ensure that your food is cut into nice and even pieces so that it becomes easy for the microwave to understand its texture. This will lead to even distribution of heat and minimize the chances of food poisoning.
- Dryness: Microwaves cook your food by making use of the water molecules in the food itself. This process might lead to reduced water content in the food, thus rendering it unhealthy. Therefore, whenever you put something into the microwave, make sure that it has enough water content.
- No Deep Frying: Although deep frying is not recommended, certain moments in life demand a cheat meal. It is an unfortunate fact that microwaves are built for hygienic food and thus, they make use of minimum oil to prepare food. So, if you are looking for fried food, it is recommended that you start cooking using the good-old traditional means.
Use the Bajaj Finserv EMI Network Card to purchase a new microwave oven and avail of amazing discounts and offers. You can also avail of privileges like No Cost EMI, with flexible tenors ranging from 3 – 24 months. The EMI Network Card can be used at any of Bajaj Finserv’s 1.2 lakh+ partner stores.