Nothing can frustrate you than a constantly dripping faucet in the kitchen. Everyone loves to cook in peace but when it comes to plinking, you are irritated but cope with it. Do you think how far you will manage to work in this situation? It may lead you towards mental illness if prolonged. Designing kitchen is an important fact, customers can get insights about it from Leileier blog.
You need to fix Kitchen Faucet Leakage as soon as possible to have a relaxing kitchen experience. Don’t go anywhere. Just read these easy-to-follow steps and practically apply, as it is, on your leaking faucet. I’m sure you will get your peace back.
Let’s come and see the magical steps to fix kitchen faucet leakage.
What makes a faucet leaky?
As you know there are different types of faucets are available in the market that have to need proper maintenance. If you get successful in cleaning and properly installed, there would be fewer chances of leakage but if mishandle, leakage will be your fate. In addition to this all, it also matters that from when you are using it. Whatever the reason is you need a solution. Here it is.
How to fix a leaky kitchen faucet?
Before entering the phase of the solution, you must have sorted out the root cause of Kitchen Faucet Leakage and you must have an adjustable wrench and a screwdriver to fulfill this task.
As, in most cases, you get it is leaking from the mouth, but it is not the case with all. It is also possible that the faucet is silently leaking for months and you don’t have an idea. This is alarming and must be addressed as soon as possible.
To detect this unseen leakage, you have to work under the sink. You may also get a standing water pool if leakage is out of control. Whatever the case is, step in the cabinet with a torch and carefully check the water supply lines, cold and hot. If you spot any Kitchen Faucet Leakage, tighten that connection and make sure it is not dripping again.
If this unseen Kitchen Faucet Leakage is not your problem and your faucet is dripping bluntly, work this way.
- Before making any strike on the faucet, make sure that all of the water connections are off. The shutoff valves and handles must be turned off so that you are not disturbed with the spilling water.
- When you disconnected water, detach the handles from the knob. These decorative handles are not difficult to remove and a simple screwdriver may serve you efficiently.
- When handles are exposed, you will see a screw fixing the handle to the base. Unscrew that nut and take out handle carefully. If you find difficulty in separating due to slime or debris accumulation, oil can help you to loosen this seal.
- Knobs are removed, handle are out, the stem will be accessible this way. Check its configuration and separate it from the base plate. Some of the faucets’ stems need to be pulled while some are twisted to detach. Determine what is your type.
- Inner mounting setup is now available to have in-depth analysis. Observe the damaged parts.
- O-ring and washers are the prime suspects of this Kitchen Faucet Leakage so, take them out and fix a new ring or washer, whatever you find faulty.
- Before replacing the washer or ring, make sure that you have the same fitting. You can check it manually by placing it on the valve seat and observing whether cone-shaped goes well or a flat washer fits the space. This process may take you time, better is to take the parts with you to the store and purchase a copy.
- When this is also done, reassemble the whole set up by placing the washer, O-ring at their respective places. Fit the stem at its place and screw tightly to prevent Kitchen Faucet Leakage. Yes! The faucet may also leak from this point so mount it properly.
- Screw the handles and reattach their decorative elements, the knobs.
- Now, turn on the shutoff valves and all the pipes you disconnected.
- Slowly turn the knob and let the water running. Check any Kitchen Faucet Leakage underneath the sink and close the knob to see dripping water.
- I’m sure there is no dripping water anymore.
Congratulations! You end up successfully. It is now an open chance for you to have smooth work experience in the kitchen. If you keep an eye on the faucet usage and manage to clean it monthly or weekly, there would be fewer chances that your faucet put you in trouble.