Pioneering in the field of distribution of innovative biological products and services for life science research is NextGen Life Sciences, led by Dr. Nagma Abbasi.
Biotechnology could help to address many problems such as climate change, infectious diseases, food security, and energy shortage, to name a few. Day by day as the population is increasing and natural resources are decreasing, biotechnologists developed solutions by increasing agriculture productivity [Genetically modified crops] and alternative sources.
Biotechnology has been providing services in health care & medicines since 1960. Worldwide millions of people are taking advantage of drugs and vaccines produced by biotechnology. Biotechnology is responsible for hundreds of medical diagnostic tests. If we look into today’s situation of COVID-19 where the whole world is suffering from this pandemic, biotechnology is playing a key role through the RT-PCR test, & by working on viral mechanisms biotechnologists got success in vaccine production. COVID vaccines are also a precious gift to humankind & without biotechnology, it wasn’t possible.
Featuring for The Enterprise World’s this issue of Top 5 Successful Entrepreneurs to Watch.
An Unmatched Leadership-Dr. Nagma Abbasi
The Founder and CEO of NextGen Life Sciences Pvt. Ltd, Dr. Nagma Abbasi leading the development and execution of long-term strategies with a vision to expand the company’s presence across the global market. Having completed her education at IMT Ghaziabad, A.M.U., Aligarh, and the Indian Agricultural Research Institute, Delhi for her studies in Business Administration, Doctoral Studies in Molecular Genetics, and Post-Doc studies in Molecular characterization of Viruses.
With a career spanning over a decade, Dr. Nagma Abbasi has worked with some of the most esteemed Research institutes and also in leading multinational companies in Life Sciences/Biotech industry. Dr. Nagma Abbasi stints in these companies spanned different departments like that of product management, customer segmentation, brand management, and strategic marketing.
Dr. Nagma Abbasi then went on to establish NextGen Life Sciences Pvt. Ltd., to cater to the many more untapped opportunities in the industry. The sole purpose of founding NextGen Life Sciences was to help bridge the gap between the needs and pains of researchers working in the Life Sciences/Biotech industry and at the same time assist the scientists to have insightful knowledge about the innovations and technologies, thus making sure their expertise in the subject matter.
NextGen, with its augmented spectrum of products and solutions, also empowers the ever-increasing domain of complex analytical challenges.
Overcoming the Challenges-
“Being a scientist myself, I am well aware of the pain points of a scientist in biotechnology, life sciences and healthcare industry.”
Having worked in various research institutes accounted for enough experience to curate the services of NextGen Life Sciences, and thus turn it into a successful establishment.
Like any other start-up, initially, the company too had to face a few challenges like capital investments, assembling a quality team, building a customer base, and good relationships. But with the dedication of Dr. Nagma Abbasi and the hard work of her team members, NextGen is among the companies that deliver the best of smart and futuristic solutions, making the company the most preferred brand for its clients.
“The key of achievement for NextGen has been consistent growth for the last 7 years in terms of revenue and profitability.”
With their outstanding solutions, NextGen has also been successful in acquiring customer trust in a short period.
Building an Efficient Team-
“At NextGen, we aim to create an environment, where the team can work effortlessly and also provide the scientists and researchers with innovation in biotechnology and services.”
The development of biotechnology over the years has helped companies such as NextGen advance and acclimatize the market scenarios including taking revolutionary steps in the company policy. She remarks that Biotechnology is a technology that always brings new solutions, techniques, and useful products by using living organisms and biological systems, in our lives to make it easy going. Modern civilization is hard to imagine without Biotechnology.
We have been using biotechnology in everyday life since the ancient period:-in making food, such as bread and cheese, preserving dairy products, and fermenting beer. Biotechnology is an essential part of our everyday life even though we don’t realize it. There are many ways in which biotechnology can improve our everyday life and it is evolving, which makes it even more important to have updates in this sector. To meet the produced requirements, NextGen has its prime focus on scientific research needs and customer services.
NextGen offers products for Cell Analysis, Cell Culture & Transfection, Cloning, DNA & RNA Purification, Gene Expression Analysis & Genotyping, PCR, Protein Expression & Analysis, Real-Time PCR, RNAi, Sequencing, Synthetic Biology, Cancer Research, Stem Cell Research, Drug Discovery and development, Plant Sciences, Epigenetics and excellent services such as Sequencing and Next Generation Sequencing, Bioinformatics and Gene Synthesis. She adds that the products of NextGen help to support scientists and researchers to meet the difficulties they encounter.
The Milestones in the Journey-
In Dr. Nagma Abbasi’s journey of founding NextGen, Dr. Nagma Abbasi has received many awards and accolades. Some of these include-
- Featured in Feb 2022 issue Business Today Magazine – Icons Of Leadership.
- Featured as “The Most Admired Global Indian 2021” by Passion Vista International Magazine.
- “ The success story of an Influential Entrepreneur “ Featured By Fortune India Exchange Magazine special edition June 2021.
- Received Indian Achievers’ Award 2021 “ Entrepreneur of the year” by the prestigious Indian Achievers Forum.
- Featured as One of the “Top Inspiring Business Leaders making difference in 2021” by GlobalTech Outlook Magazine in March 2021.
- Received Women of the Year Award 2021 by DigiLive.
- Featured as one of the Top 10 Most inspiring CEO to watch in 2021 by Prime Insights.
- Featured as One of the 30 Fabulous companies of the Year 2021 by the Silicon Review in US Yearly.
- Featured as Top 10 Trend Forecasters giants in business by The CEO Story 2021.
- Featured in e-Magazine of 2021 “ Pillars of Indian Economy “: Featuring The Growth Drivers and Future Leaders of Indian Economy.
- Selected as India’s Inspirational Leader 2020 by WCRC.
- Featured by Forbes India among Top 10 Women Entrepreneurs of India 2020.
- Selected and featured as Decisive Women Leaders 2020 by Business APAC.
- Featured as Top 10 Healthcare giants in India 2020 by Business Brainiac Magazine.
- Cover Story Feature as The Most Innovative Business Leaders to look out in The Enterprise World APAC Edition June 2020
- Featured amongst 30 Most Influential CEOs by CIO Bulletin.
- Selected as Winner of India 500 CEO Awards 2020
- Awarded as Entrepreneur of the Year Biotechnology and Healthcare Industry 2020 by Power Brands.
- Listed as India’s Most influential CEO of the Year 2020- Life Sciences by Corporate Vision Magazine, UK
- NextGen Life Sciences Pvt. Ltd. is a winner of the India 5000 Best MSME Award 2020.
- Featured as ‘The Entrepreneurs beyond the bounds of COVID19’ by Business Connect magazine in August 2020
- Featured amongst 50 Leading companies of the Year 2020 in the USA leading Tech Magazine ‘The Silicon Review’ April 2020 issue.
- Entrepreneur of the Year in Trading Business ‘MSMECCII Genentech Asia Awards 2020.
- Received National Fame Awards 2022 in the category “ Most Inspiring Transformational Leader in Biotechnology and Healthcare Industry” by Brands Impact.
- Received “The Promising Women Leaders of India 2022” award by The Economic Times and Femina in June 2022.
- Recognized and featured as “Movers and Shakers of Indian Business” by Outlook India and Outlook Business Magazine in May 2022.
The Road Ahead-
Looking forward, NextGen is keen on bringing innovations in the field of Biotechnology with the launch of its own brand products in the Make In India drive. Some of the things that are already lined up are Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) in clinical laboratories, NGS data analysis, and interpretation of unknown genetic variants.
In virtue of the company’s geographical expansion, the company has marked its presence in North India and is now looking at expanding its business in West, East, and South India.
“NextGen is excited about the CRISPR technology and its application.”
CRISPR technology is a simple but powerful tool that helps in editing genomes. NextGen is aiming to add more of its own-brand products to International Market. Some of these products have been already launched and were greatly appreciated by clients.
NextGen is also on its way to researching some of the complex analytical challenges in food, Pharma, biotechnology, environment, industrial and clinical research.
“Our mission is to discover and deliver high-quality products with excellent services to help millions live better and healthy lives.”