In today’s era, the computer is one of our basic needs, we use it to run our daily work, from an office or at home. It is possible to say that today’s world is computer-driven; Where every action is through a computer. In these ongoing pandemic times, if a business still doesn’t have its digital presence and if it doesn’t adapt modern technology yet, it might be holding its growth back.
In this scenario, to help businesses to be relevant in the market race, a visionary leader in software and IT technology, Mr. Aniruddh Singh offers a comprehensive plethora of differentiated software development and managed IT services.
In an interview with Mr. Aniruddh, the Founder and CEO at Sygitech, he shared his journey throughout and what Sygitech is all about.
- Brief us about the company.
Sygitech is a group of tech nomads who aspire to bring a sea change in how IT services and application development can be simplified. We work towards designing customized business solutions to make businesses easier to work thereby, increasing your time to focus on critical decision-making. We boast of creating robust, cost-effective, and reliable solutions using the latest tech stack introducing a high-performance-driven service model. Sygitech is DIPP certified startup.
- What were the initial challenges you faced?
I was new to the market, without having any experience in sales and marketing, no funding, (funding was available mostly to the product companies, not service-based companies with few exceptions), I started just after demonetization, and then GST was enforced, global slowdown followed with the pandemic. We did see all of this quite early in the last 4+ years of our start, the only thing that I had was the solid knowledge of technology and goal to deliver robust solutions to the customers.
- Which was that point that triggered the growth of Sygitech?
Sygitech got some software development projects to start with, then quickly started with managed services (IT/Cloud infrastructure management). Covid brought us misery, starting in 2020 and that was a tough time for everyone. Nevertheless, the business model we have, catered to most of the clients. We focused more on remote delivery and increased client engagement that triggered growth and new client acquisition. The quality and timely delivery of projects with value-added services manifold the opportunity. Starting Jan 2021 we started growing faster than before.
- How have Sygitech graphs changed since the foundation? Can you share a few statistics?
It kept on changing for every few months initially, sometimes positive, negative at other times. From the revenue perspective, we remained cash positive since we started, and were religiously paying taxes every year.
- What is the reason behind your company’s long-standing success?
We are customer-centric and more of a partner to them than a typical service provider. We take an extra step every time in each engagement we do and go beyond promised work. We believe in long-term relationships and stand trusted and honest on our project deliveries.
- What are the solutions the company focuses on? How are your offerings different from those in the market?
We primarily focus on software development and managed IT services. Consultancy is the byproduct of what we offer to our customers. With multiple domain experts in the team, we have the agility to pick up projects that are not limited to software development but driving end-to-end management of your IT needs. With the already crowded market for such services, we rely on quality work, timely delivery, and a one-stop-shop for all your IT needs. A proven record of accomplishment on our offerings and significant happy partners (customers) speak volumes about the mark we have made in just a few years.
Success is just a station in your journey, not a destination.
- How do you decide to take Sygitech a step further in terms of your solution offerings?
We keep on adding new skill sets, we learn from the existing customer base that we have and then we brainstorm on what can be done next or how we can further improve the quality of our service.
- Is there any new addition to the list of products/services? Anything exciting you would like to share?
Sygitech started as a service-based company, but now coming up with few products as well
- SygiOps – Primary objective of the SygiOps is to eliminate chances of human errors and execute tasks in minutes, against hours or days. In the current scenario, technology has become very complex, and finding resources, training them introduces big costs and huge efforts, we plan to simplify that.
- SygiCloudSync – With the larger adoption of cloud platforms and the need of handling huge amounts of data, it has become cumbersome to keep backup of the data with different cloud providers. Syncing this data in real-time is another big challenge. We are going to make it very simple through SygiCloudSync.
- Few others in the pipeline as well but in a very initial phase and it’s too early to discuss them
- Can you please brief us about your professional experience?
Before starting Sygitech, I was Head of Technology with IndiaMART, where I turned around the whole technology platform to support the huge traffic growth and was rewarded many times. I was always enthusiastic about technology and IndiaMART recognized it awarding me with the Einstein award. Before IndiaMART, I worked with HCL Technologies, where I was instrumental in completing multiple successful projects. I was also a part of the Technology excellence group and in my 3.5 years of engagement with HCL, I won 7 rewards.
- What are the key achievements of your entrepreneurial journey?
Quick customer acquisition, least go-to-market time, Affordable services for all segments, and none of our customers left us since we became partners. and most importantly, my tech background which was initially a bottleneck in selling has now become my strength, since I can understand customer’s problems easily and provide quick solutions (because of tech experience).
- How do you look after your employees? What makes your team unique?
Every person at Sygitech is considered a family member, which makes it easy to look after them. Sygitech not only cherishes new challenges but also accepts failures together. Freedom in work brings responsibility and accountability. The team is open to putting forward ideas and we consider everyone’s opinion during a fresh start. We work hard and play hard.
- Is there any special experience with your clients you would like to highlight?
We worked with several clients and had a very different and special relationship with all of them. StarQuick (A TATA Enterprise), TickOps (a US-based client), Easypolicy, MilkBasket, and AuthBridge are a few of the many customers we have.
- One person, who you admire the most?
I Admire Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam the most.
- Whose business story do you find the most inspiring?
There are many but just to name one Ankur Warikoo
- Constant vigilance- a need or a strategy? Please share your views.
Necessity is the mother of invention. But it’s best to keep a strategy ready for unprecedented circumstances. Try to think and design solutions that are simple but usable, for a large portion of the community
- It’s a rat race out there. How do you cope with that?
Good competition fuels innovative ideas. Monopoly has not shown much improvement, be it eCommerce platforms, IT, medicine, technology, and the like. The idea is to work towards solving problems for a large community and bring healthy competition that would directly benefit the end-user. Growth will follow. Sygitech.
Magazine Link – The 10 Most Inspiring Business Leaders To Watch out 2021