Today, the office is not limited to just cubicles or big open spaces. The office spaces today are made more dynamic and to-the-go, someplace we all will love. And surely, it has affected productivity in many ways. But what does Feng Shui has to do with it all? Well, for that, let’s first understand the concept of Feng Shui!
What Exactly is Feng Shui?
Feng Shui is originally a Chinese philosophy that preaches the practice of striking a balance with the natural world in our living and working environment. It helps you align your energies with your surroundings.
It is all about optimizing your surroundings. Its philosophy is quite simple; You wish to change your life? You can do it simply by making some changes in your environment.
The Science Behind Feng Shui
Feng Shui helps you make the best of your space by harmonizing its energy flow. There are five elements in feng shui, each of which represents its qualities of it-
- Wood– for creativity and growth
- Fire– for leadership and boldness
- Earth– for strength and stability
- Metal– for focus and order
- Water– for emotion and inspiration
The feng shui masters have also devised another too called the Bagua map. The Bagua map lays out various life areas or the stations that corporate with the various parts of the building or the space. So when designing your ideal office space, you can line up the Bagua map with the floor plan and then according to it determine the optimal placement of colors, the artwork, and anything else.
To apply the concept of feng shui in the office is just as important as applying it in your bedroom. It is because we spend a lot of time in the office. So if you have been ignoring your office space, you might want to take some time out for it now!
- Plants: One of the best advice to keep in mind is that you should be aware of the quality of air in your office and you should always try to improve it. A research shows that compared to the outdoor pollution, indoor pollution is much worse. So does this have a feng shui solution? Gladly, yes! You can always decorate your office with little indoor plants.
- Office Cubicle: If you are working in a cubicle type office setting, it is pretty clear that you cannot change your office settings. At such times, you need to pay even more attention to create and keep good energy in your office throughout the day. While you can’t move your office according to the conditions, you can, with a lot more other ways keep your energy intact throughout the day.
- Deal With a Blocking Wall in Your Office: According to the principles of it, the right location of walls is important, because it helps to promote the flow of energy and also enhance the feeling of positivity in a space.
- Create a Good Feng Shui Backing in Your Office: When you create a good backing in your office, you create a strong, supportive and good feng shui energy behind your back. This applies to that area in the office where your back is.
You can also apply the feng shui principles to your desk. To feng shui, your desk matters if you spend the maximum amount of your time on the desk. So if you can find the right spot that has immense energy, you will also see a better quality of your energy.
The feng shui characteristics of a good desk include these three things-
Of all the materials- wood, glass, laminate, and metal, wooden desks s the best feng shui choice. It brings natural energy to your workspace and it also has a very nourishing and very vibrant kind of energy.
Almost all of the shapes are good for feng shui, but it also depends on your goals, what you are trying to achieve with your work. But if you are not looking for anything specific, you can always go with the regular rectangular-shaped table. It provides you with grounding energy and an element of growth and expansion.
Color plays an important part in feng shui, and it is also one of the easiest ways to create good quality energy. Here are some of the colors that work best for it – Brown, Black, Gray, White, Green, Red, etc.
Good energy at work always plays a big role in your productivity. So, you can apply these techniques of feng shui and maintain good energy around your desk and workplace, or you can also get creative with what suits you and what kind of energy you want to have! But a good feng shui will promise you with abundance, and there will rarely be a dull moment! Because, be it at work, in the house, good energy, good vibes always have a positive impact on us.