WOW! That’s how you will react if someone tells you that you can find a maid, cook, or babysitter on a single touch. In a fast-paced living environment, one couldn’t manage time to search for a trustworthy maid or a cook that cooks delicious food. It was difficult to settle up these kinds of requirements when you shift to a new city. By observing such essential needs, MyChores.in-Your Ultimate Hiring Platform came up with an online platform where you can hire domestic helpers.
In a talk with Mr. Andrew V, Founder CEO of MyChores. let’s find out how they established such a huge network and a lot more.
1. Tell us about MyChores.
MyChores.in is a Mumbai-based start-up launched in 2014 and today Mumbai’s leading service provider for hiring and managing family care workers. It is an online platform to hire permanent domestic helpers like maids, cooks, babysitters, or nannies and caretakers. With more than 25000 domestic workers registered with them, Mychores provides an end-to-end solution for all the Domestic help needs. Customers approaching MyChores is fast increasing with the new digital route the customers are taking in the current increasingly digital world. MyChores currently serves more than 1000 customers in a month.
We have launched TezzJob in July 2019, a multi-regional language Android APP & seamless mobile site focused on providing un-exploitative jobs with fair wages for the domestic help and other informal sector workers in urban India. MyChores believes this creates a more level playing field for the job aspirants by having multiple job options from the local vicinity to choose from with just a click of a button.
2. What were the initial challenges you faced while starting up Mychores.in?
This sector is completely unorganized is the biggest challenge and also the biggest problem that we are currently solving.
Limited communication mediums for creating awareness & marketing to the workers directly had been another big challenge which we have slowly succeeded in solving using Whatsapp, print & other mediums
3. Which was that point that triggered the growth of the company?
MyChores always focussed on quality big time since the initial days our prime focus of MyChores is to leave every customer satisfied. Over time we have succeeded in leaving a long trail of happy customers, who kept coming back. Today word of mouth plays an important role in getting us a lot of new customers. Launching TezzJob for the workers has been a game-changer for us, in identifying the right kind of worker to close a job opening.
4. How have the company graphs changed since the foundation? Can you share a few statistics?
MyChores is currently a cash positive company that has delivered a Revenue margin of Rupees 60 L in FY’19 from Rupees 5 L in FY’17. MyChores aims to cross 2 Cr. in FY’20. We currently have a registered worker base of 25,000+. Our customer inquiries grew from 10 a month in FY’15 to 10 a day in FY’19.
5. What are the products/services the company focuses on? How are your services different from those in the market?
MyChores provides an end to end solution for the entire Domestic help needs – Maids, cooks, babysitters, nannies, Patient care, Drivers and other caretakers. While TezzJob aims to achieve the following through the Mobile APP which nobody in the market is currently providing:
- Digital Profile creation
- Continuous Employment and better employment opportunities within the vicinity of their residence
- Market-based payment, base salaries to be established
6. How do you decide to take the company a step further in terms of your products/services?
MyChores recently Launched TezzJob to serve our worker partners in a much better & technologically efficient manner. We plan to add the below features to make our value proposition most exciting for our worker base.
- Rating system for workers and employers to access quality.
- Enable digital Payments and financial inclusion for the workers.
- Choice of jobs, the maid can compare, choose and decide to apply for the most suitable jobs as per their experience ability and liking.
- Real-time job alerts through notifications to the workers.
- Providing training and career-enhancing opportunities.
- Credit/loans at market rates, rather than approach money lender trap for cash needs.
7. Is there any new addition to the list of products/services? Anything exciting you would like to share?
TezzJob is currently our most exciting product launch. Over the next 3 years, we plan to on-board 0.5 M workers on to the APP from all over the country. Our vision is to create a seamless employment ecosystem wherein workers from different states migrate to states where opportunities are abundant. They could first get the security of a job before moving to a place and then searching for an opportunity. We are creating a similar ecosystem for the workers like Naukri has created for the white collared workforce in India.
8. What do you think are the responsibilities of an entrepreneur?
Identify a problem and use entrepreneurial principles to organize and manage a venture to serve markets in a financially sustainable and scalable manner are the biggest responsibility of an entrepreneur.
9. Can you please brief us about your professional experience and what are the key achievements of your entrepreneurial journey?
I am working for the last 27 years and it’s been 5 years of my entrepreneurship. I have worked with TATA Capital, TATA Group as head of wealth management business in Mumbai.
I have created employment opportunities for the underserved and underprivileged women folk. I have employed over 5000 workers. Helping bring social change in the domestic help segment
10. How do you look after your employees? What makes your team unique?
- Treat fairly; create a healthy and conducive working environment to give job satisfaction.
- Performance-based salary structure with an upside for people who do well.
- Participation in growth
11. Is there any special experience with your clients you would like to highlight?
We are trying to solve a very difficult problem in society so; working with every customer is a unique experience. We feel proud that we have a large number of happy customers.
12. Can you tell us what your favourite book is and who is the person who you admire the most?
The Art of War by Sun Tzu is a favourite book of mine. I frequently read books to get knowledge as well as to get inspired. I admire India’s beloved ex-president Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam the most. His vision for India’s development as well as contribution to space studies inspires me a lot.
13. Whose business story do you find the most inspiring and is there any quote which inspires you a lot?
Founder of reliance industries limited Dhirubhai Ambani and Founder of Amul, Dr Varghese Kurian are the permanent source of motivation for me. Whenever I feel down I just recite these three golden words, s
“Never Give Up”
14. Is constant vigilance is a need or a strategy?
Being constantly vigilant is a need in Business; the world is dynamic and changing fast. If one is not alert and open to adapt to a changing business environment, it could prove fatal.
15. It’s a rat-race out there. How do you cope with that?
It’s a lot of competition in the market. But competitors are the biggest factor in growth in any business. No particular strategies, keep working hard, be diligent, honest and sincere, and then take it as it comes.