ZNet Technologies Private Limited, incorporated in 2009, is the leading distributor of cloud services, IT infrastructure services, and cybersecurity services to partners across the globe. The business units of ZNet include ZNetLive, RackNap, Wire19, and DHN (Daily Host News). ZNetLive is the distributor of cloud, IT infrastructure, and cybersecurity services via its wide channel partner network. RackNap, the cloud service delivery, and business automation platform, helps cloud providers in automating the delivery of cloud services and helps bill the usage based on actual consumption. Wire19 and DHN are the IT media portals serving as one-stop information shops for CXOs and key decision-makers of the cloud and IT industry.
In a conversation with Mr Munesh Jadoun, CEO at ZNet Technologies, lets discover more about the company and its journey since inception.
- Tell us about the company.
ZNet is owned by RP tech India (a division of Rashi Peripherals Pvt Ltd.). Founded in 1989, RP tech India is the fastest-growing value-added distributor of IT and mobility solutions with 50 branches and 50 service centers across India. Growing at a consistent 25% CAGR YoY, the company offers products from over 23 renowned global brands to 9000+ partners spread across 750+ towns/cities in India.
ZNet is one of the very first Microsoft CSPs in India and right from the beginning we had one goal in mind i.e., to help enterprises to ‘Be Digital’. To enable digitization, we offer world-class cloud solutions on next-gen technologies with flexible deployment models, both on-premises and in the cloud.
Our cloud offerings include public, private, hybrid, and multi-cloud cloud models based on various technologies from hyperscalers like Microsoft, AWS, Google, and Alibaba Cloud.
Currently, we are also offering Acronis’ on-premises backup and disaster recovery solutions and Plesk control panel to our partners and businesses across the globe.
- What were the initial challenges you faced?
Competition: When we started our business, the internet industry was new and growing rapidly. With so many different companies competing on prices and services, it made for a very competitive environment as all of these firms battled it out to get their share of this emerging market.
Flexible Customer Needs: As customers changed what they wanted from providers because more accessible pricing models were needed much faster than before to stay relevant but keep up with demand; customer needs began changing where flexibility became king- not only could you pay as you go monthly fees by resources used rather than be stuck paying an exorbitant amount upfront; flexible tariffs allowed people who couldn’t afford expensive one time offer to easily try things without fear that they would have no choice but wait until next month’s invoice came.
Customer Service: This might not seem like a big deal, but I think it’s worth mentioning. One thing we knew was going to matter in the long run was customer service. We stayed consistent and stood out from competitors because of our great customer experience, for example by providing “over-the-top” care whenever someone had an issue with their order or needed help figuring something out via chat (which was available 24/7), this helped us as well when challenges came up because people knew that we were there to support them, no matter what!
- How have the company graphs changed since the foundation? Can you share a few statistics?
Sharing the stats of the past five years only. This gives a fair idea of our growth.
- What are the products/services the company focuses on? How are your services different from those in the market?
Our company mainly focuses on the following products and services:
- RackNap – The new-age, ultra-intuitive, and hyper-growth platform for cloud service providers.
- Domains and Hosting
- WordPress Hosting
- Cloud Hosting
- Email and Productivity
- Microsoft 365
- Google Workspace
- Servers and Cloud
- Dedicated Server
- Multicloud services
- Microsoft Azure
- Managed AWS
- Alibaba Cloud
- Backup and Security
- SSL Certificates
We provide high-quality solutions to our customers at affordable prices. Also, we personalize their experience by making sure that they find the product or service which will meet all of their requirements! We have also started offering multi-cloud services which makes us stand out from our competitors while providing our customers with a single-point solution for their technology needs.
- How do you decide to take the company a step further in terms of your products/services?
We take regular feedback from our clients as well as to conduct market research for the product/service we offer. We want to continue to upgrade our services – whether in terms of improving our software UI or expanding our product line. For example, we recently relaunched our automation platform, Racknap and it is getting a great response.
We have also expanded in terms of our product offering like multi-cloud solutions. Due to the coronavirus pandemic, companies are now looking for hybrid solutions and we knew that a multi-cloud platform could help many small to large businesses manage their work with ease.
Also, we don’t believe that we are the best IT solutions provider, so we learn from our competitors as in on what part our company is failing, and then we plan new strategies to ensure success.
- Is there any new addition to the list of products/services? Anything exciting you would like to share?
We recently partnered with NTT-Netmagic to provide managed co-location services. This will enable better activities for our customers.
- How has the technology transformed traditional way of business?
The world is always changing, and technology has helped to shape it for the better. Technology has completely changed the way we do business.
- Mobile-first and remote working are now the new business strategies. Now more and more people are using smartphones to shop, sell, search local businesses and share their experiences with family and friends. COVID pandemic forced organizations to make the transition to remote working quickly than expected to maintain business continuity.
- The most important role of technology like the cloud is for enabling digital transformation which has resulted in creating a competitive advantage for the businesses.
- We are now able to be more productive, and at the same time, it has given us access to new markets by being able to communicate faster than ever before with applications like Microsoft Teams, Google Hangouts, Zoom.
The world will always keep advancing, and technology has played a big role in that.
- Can you please brief us about your professional experience?
One of the toughest jobs I’ve had to take on is being a CEO. It’s never easy and hasn’t been so far, either. Sometimes you have to go backward to move forward–I took many big decisions when building my company from the ground up and taking it ahead successfully. For example, I associated with other firms who helped me make an impact along the way by launching new products (like RackNap) or more about which we’ll soon be hearing!
I have faced challenges that most people can only imagine in their wildest dreams. I was able to learn how to make decisions under pressure, take risks and assess everything with calm when going through these difficult situations. However, the one thing I wish you could know is that success does not come to you; it’s up for grabs! You just need a plan on what path will suit your needs best.
- What are the key achievements of your entrepreneurial journey?
Few major milestones that triggered the growth of the company are:
- 2009: ZNet Technologies was incorporated as a private limited company by me with a head office set up in Jaipur, India.
- 2010: ZNetLive became Microsoft SPLA approved. The Services Provider License Agreement (SPLA) enabled ZNetLive to license Microsoft products and customized services to its end customers with a flexible cost structure, no startup costs, and no long-term commitment.
- 2013: ZNetLive became a D&B’s Data Universal Numbering System (D-U-N-S® Number) Certified company. ZNetLive’s D&B D-U-N-S® Number is 85-933-1710.
- 2015: ZNetLive becomes one of the few certified “Cloud Solutions Providers” in Microsoft’s newly launched cloud adoption program for small and medium businesses (SMBs) in India.
- 2017: ZNet commercially launched its cloud service delivery platform – RackNap, after the success of its pilot launch in 2016.
- 2018: ZNet became an authorized distributor of Plesk in India. With this, ZNet started providing the full range of Plesk solutions for developers, digital agencies, IT admins, content managers, web hosters, hyperscalers at very competitive pricing.
- 2018: ZNet Technologies won the IAMCP P2P award for the APAC region at Microsoft Inspire 2018 in Las Vegas, USA. ZNet was chosen as a winner for enabling Microsoft partners in increasing consumption of Microsoft cloud services in the region with its cloud service delivery platform – RackNap.
- 2018: ZNet Technologies won the CRN Excellence award 2018 under the category “IP Creation” in Goa, India. ZNet won this award based on the success of its proprietary cloud service delivery platform – RackNap that was commercially launched in 2017.
- 2018: ZNet Technologies won the SME Channels award in the “Application Specialist” category in New Delhi, India. ZNet won this award based on RackNap’s success as a cloud service delivery platform among the Cloud Solution Providers (CSPs) across the globe.
- 2019: ZNet Technologies became an authorized service provider of GlobalSign and Acronis in India. With this, ZNet started offering GlobalSign SSL certificates and Acronis backup and cybersecurity solutions to customers in India.
- 2019: ZNet Technologies became an authorized distributor of Alibaba Cloud in India and started offering a full range of Alibaba Cloud solutions to its customers in India.
- 2019: RP tech India (a division of Rashi Peripherals Pvt. Ltd.) acquired ZNet Technologies. With this partnership, RP tech India and ZNet together started providing cutting-edge cloud services and solutions to SMB and enterprise customers in India.
- 2020: Plesk appoints ZNet Technologies as a global distributor to expand reach in untapped markets.
- 2021: RackNap launched a new version “Altair” integrated with Microsoft Electronic Software Distribution (ESD) and smart analytics to offer unique time-saving features and smart analytics improving productivity and profitability for service providers.
- How do you look after your employees? What makes your team unique?
Our employees are our most important asset, so it is our responsibility to keep them motivated in the company…and, I have experienced that for most of the employees, work is what motivates them. If we enjoy what we do, we will do our best even when no one is watching.
Therefore, we make sure that the job they are in is meaningful and makes them successful. For this, we provide regular training to develop employee skills, recognize achievements and show appreciation.
I have visited our employees’ homes and have enjoyed seeing their homes and meeting their families.
- Is there any special experience with your clients you would like to highlight?
I would like to share one special piece of feedback I get from many of our customers. When our customers come to us for some IT requirement, we get to know about their challenges of coping with multiple systems and dealing with different vendors to set up complete IT infrastructure to take their solutions to the market.
We understood that our customers need to overcome these challenges to reach the market faster. We have always believed in becoming a one-stop-shop for all cloud IT needs of customers but, now we have gone a step ahead and even incorporated IT hardware (via RP tech), data center infrastructure, colocation, and even IT security (via NTT India) in our portfolio. With this, our customers are now able to procure IT hardware, cloud solutions, complex IT infra, and cybersecurity solutions from a single-window at ZNet.
With this initiative, many of our customers have shared that they can meet all their IT needs, get a resolution to all IT queries at one stop and thus can scale at a much faster pace and also keep their costs in control.
- One person who you admire the most?
My father – My father was a school teacher in a village in Bayana, a small town in the Bharatpur region, in Rajasthan, India.
The most important qualities in a father are kindness, patience, and understanding. My dad is the epitome of these virtues because he taught me everything I needed to know and helped me become who I am today. He’s an inspiration for the dreams that lay ahead. He had great work ethics and high morals, he did everything on the earth possible or necessary to help someone out. He stays positive in all kinds of circumstances. He has been very emotionally supportive, and his teachings are my life lessons.
- It’s a rat race out there. How do you cope with that?
Life runs past the CEOs. We eat, sleep, and do all our activities with business and expansion as the topmost priority in our minds. There was a time when I was no different. I used to eat and sleep at irregular hours and with my regular globetrotting, there was no time for family or hobbies. During this time, my business was uphill, and my mood was downhill.
Soon, all this started taking a toll on my health. Even when I was awake and working, I felt that my energy levels were low. Somewhere down the line, I started missing the sunny days, the breeze on my face, the enthusiasm, and the energy. I wanted to feel free again.
I decided it was time, I should do something for myself as well. Life should have something more to offer – I had the success, money, power, happiness, but I wanted more from it – the meaning of my being…
And then, I took my first step towards what I think is my meditation, after so many years. Yes, you guessed it right! I decided to start cycling and so, bought a Hercules cycle. My first 6 to 8 months were the hardest, finding out time for a revived hobby, even for riding 5 to 6 KMS, was a challenge. But I persevered and started going out all alone – with my thoughts keeping me the company.
Then I decided I should get into cycling seriously. I deserve my share of happiness. So, now I am only a part of cycling races, no rat races for me.